ESI is now hiring a Science Teacher (K-3) for the 2023-2024 school year in Jacksonville, FL.
ESI is seeking qualified applicants to fill a Science Teacher position for the 2023-2024 school year. Faculty and staff are committed to providing an engaging academic program in a loving environment. Teachers are expected to model the stance of a lifelong learner, actively seeking out and participating in both school-based and off-site professional development that supports the school’s mission and goals.
- Bachelor Degree
- Prior Experience teaching and independent school preferred
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and implement developmentally appropriate lessons for students from Kindergarten through Third Grade that cover strands of the science curriculum.
- Create interactive science lab experiences that allow students to develop their inquiry skills and an understanding of the scientific process.
- Deepen students critical thinking skills and engagement using Project Zero methodology and/or other thinking routines.
- Differentiate instruction as needed to meet the needs of all students.
- Collaborate with classroom and specialist teachers to develop cross-departmental units of inquiry that foster creativity, deep thinking, and self-expression.
- Use appropriate classroom management strategies and provide a supporting and caring learning environment for children where each child feels safe to create, share their perspectives, follow their passions, and take risks.
- Use formative and summative assessment to evaluate and inform student learning and growth.
- Maintain an organized, inclusive classroom environment, including the display of students’ work, classroom guidelines, bulletin boards, and a neat and orderly appearance, conducive to student learning.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues on a regular basis and share information relative to student progress.
- Keep written records of student progress and growth for grading and reporting purposes.
- Actively engage in the school community by participating in faculty meetings, recess and lunch duties, and additional school events.
- Enhance one’s own knowledge, understanding, and skill through ongoing professional development.
- A commitment to global and cultural competency, and a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of child development and best practices in education.
- Outstanding interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use and integrate technology effectively into the classroom setting to enhance or enrich the student learning experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A creative, visionary teacher with a growth mindset and willingness to innovate and collaborate with others.
- Empathetic, supportive, good sense of humor, and a positive disposition.
ESI COMPANY SUMMARY:
ESI provides comprehensive human resource services for its partner schools. This includes recruiting, staffing, screening, on boarding, payroll and benefits administration. Founded in 2015, ESI has carefully crafted our company culture and reputation based on a deep understanding that staffing is first and foremost about people. We understand the right placement in the right job changes lives. ESI is committed to providing simplified employment solutions through our superior work ethic and industry experience. It is our mission to treat every person we encounter with wholehearted integrity and dedication.
All applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page, or call 888.246.6066 for more information. Thank you for your interest in this position.