ESI Works is now hiring a Health & Wellness Coordinator in Naples, FL.
ESI Works provides comprehensive human resource services for its partner schools. This includes recruiting, staffing, screening, on boarding, payroll and benefits administration. Founded in 2015, ESI Works has carefully crafted our company culture and reputation based on a deep understanding that staffing is first and foremost about people. We understand the right placement in the right job changes lives. ESI Works is committed to providing simplified employment solutions through our superior work ethic and industry experience. It is our mission to treat every person we encounter with wholehearted integrity and dedication.
The health and wellness coordinator will oversee all operational, financial, compliance, and business administration aspects of the school’s food service and wellness programs. This will be an hourly, non-exempt position with a 10-month work schedule. Salary will be set annually on a performance-based schedule. The health and wellness coordinator will report to the school operations manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Health and Wellness
- Ensure that school’s wellness policy is implemented effectively, including the scheduling of school wellness team meetings and maintenance of documentation for state’s review.
- Manage the school clinic. Implement and follow clinic procedures and health requirements and serve as main clinic aide.
- Submit reimbursement claims for all meals served to children enrolled in the free and reduced lunch (FRL) program accordingly to each child’s eligibility category in a timely manner to ensure rapid payment.
- Reconcile invoices and reimbursement claims and address any discrepancies immediately to ensure reimbursements match food service invoices.
- Handle audit preparation, document submission, onsite review, and any followup required.
- Review monthly the number of free, reduced price, and paid meals served by the school to eligible children at the point of service.
- Ensure that students take at least three food components, including one fruit and/or one vegetable, in order for meals to be considered reimbursable.
- Submit for approval to state agency a Free and Reduced-Price Policy Statement in accordance with program regulations.
- Effectively communicate school’s meal charging policy and resolve unpaid balances.
- Lunch Application Processing:
- Develop and distribute the parent letter, which will accompany the FRL applications, and outline the program and provide instructions for the FRL applications.
- Verify that the school obtains correct FRL applications in a sufficient number to be distributed to its students.
- Review, approve, and verify all FRL applications for school and maintain files of approved and denied FRL applications in accordance with program requirements.
- Provide determinations regarding submitted FRL applications for a student’s qualification for FRL under the program.
- Create and update the eligibility roster for FRL students.
- Other Responsibilities:
- Ensure accuracy of POS data including pricing, daily and monthly meal counts, and synchronization of student data.
- Supervise the food service management company’s cafeteria staff and vendor(s).
- Work with food service management company to ensure food standard compliance.
- Comply with requirements or regulations implemented by state agency or federal program authorities required of a school food authority (SFA), including but not limited to, trainings, school wellness team meetings, health inspections, certifications, permits, etc.
- Ensure adequate volunteers or staff to support lunch service to students.
- Coordinate with county health department inspections related to the food service program.
- Support FSMC Hazard Analysis Critical Point (HAACP) plan creation and implementation.
- To perform this job successfully an individual must be proficient with spreadsheet software and word processing software.
- Three years broad, varied and increasingly responsible experience with computer information systems, and organizational procedures.
- Charter school experience desirable.
- The minimum educational requirements for this job are a high school degree.
- Ability to demonstrate, uphold, and promote in daily interactions a commitment to the school’s mission and vision, and the moral character and civic virtue the school embodies.
All applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page, or call 888.246.6066 for more information. Thank you for your interest in this position.