ESI Works is now hiring (1) REMOTE Financial Analyst in any of the following states: Florida, Georgia, California, Virginia, Ohio, Minnesota, Arkansas, Alabama, and Tennessee.
The Financial Analyst critically evaluates the financial health and operational performance of the company by collecting, monitoring, and studying data with the intent of recommending actions to Senior Management. Under the general supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, the Financial Analyst is responsible for improving our company’s competitiveness and performance across a broad spectrum of functional areas.
You will provide the insight to inform strategic decisions, deliver against our shared commitments, and identify or substantiate potential areas of opportunity to improve performance. You will be required to partner directly with the Senior Management Team to design and build reporting that helps assess progress toward key initiatives while determining drivers directly impacting Key Performance Indicators. You will support new project financial development, business analytics, and reporting of department performance. By sharing your insights, you will shape the future of how we make a difference in the journey of life for our customers, colleagues, and communities.
You will use your judgment to know when to focus on the detail ensuring accuracy and timeliness, and when to identify themes in the data and partner with your colleagues in other functions to identify innovative ways to achieve our shared goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Extract, cleanse, and analyze data from multiple databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, and other business outcomes.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Advance the level of reporting and analysis to improve the status of the company.
- Compile data; collect, collate, synthesize, cleanse and reconcile data.
- Publish standard reports while monitoring performance vs. plan.
- Analyze results, determine root causes of variances, identify trends and recommend actions to Senior Management.
- Provide exceptional support to other departments to improve the financial status of the company.
- Gain a robust understanding of each department and their interdependencies.
- Define Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and set targets with Senior Management Team.
- Publish regular KPI actual vs. targets and benchmark reports with a focus on drivers allowing Senior Management to manage their departments and make informed decisions.
- Drive and challenge departments on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their tasks based on results from your research and analysis.
- Lead the planning and implementation of various projects as needed.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Define project tasks and resource requirements, summarized in full-scale project plans.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and analysis for Senior Management Team and Corporate as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must possess the ability to: extract, collate, and compile operational data in Excel, Access and other reporting platforms; draw insights through analytics and provide clear and concise root causes or remediation recommendations to the management team; create various financial models, including analysis of historic performance and forecasting as well as other evaluations related to business cases; interact professionally and ethically with fellow employees; handle multiple tasks simultaneously; deliver agreed tasks timely and accurately.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Exemplary analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products. Expertise in Microsoft Excel required.
- Financial modeling and ability to navigate complex formulas.
- High level of communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment and understand business needs and support the organization with value-added analysis and insight.
- Comfortable providing recommendations to senior leaders and executives.
- Ability to work across multiple layers of the organization.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple demands with the support of management.
- Exceptional follow-up skills, high-level of accuracy, and initiative.
- Proficient in software applications like Brightree, Microsoft Access, Power BI (preferred).
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-6 years overall experience
- 3+ years in a financial analysis role with a demonstrated business partnership
- Preferred MBA
Our industry is a highly regulated industry, and because of that and our commitment to providing the best in class products, services, and support, we require ALL employees to complete the following training programs prior to the marketing and promotion of our products, services, and support systems:
- Anti-Kick Back Training
- Fraud, Abuse, and Waste Training
- HIPAA Training
- Systems Training
To continue to be best in class within our industry, we require all employees to participate in ongoing education to maintain/increase their competency or in the event the team member changes responsibility within the company. We also require our specific licensed professionals, such as RN, CPA, to remain licensed in their specific field and maintain the standards according to the specific state licensure.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply directly, or call 888.246.6066 for more information. Thank you for your interest in this position.