ESI Works is now hiring a Day Porter in Naples, FL.
ESI Works provides comprehensive human resource services for its partner schools. This includes recruiting, staffing, screening, on boarding, payroll and benefits administration. Founded in 2015, ESI Works has carefully crafted our company culture and reputation based on a deep understanding that staffing is first and foremost about people. We understand the right placement in the right job changes lives. ESI Works is committed to providing simplified employment solutions through our superior work ethic and industry experience. It is our mission to treat every person we encounter with wholehearted integrity and dedication.
The day porter will be responsible for daytime custodial services and light maintenance. This is an hourly, non-exempt position with a 12-month work schedule. Salary will be set annually on a performance-based schedule. The day porter will report to the school operations manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Custodial Functions
(As required; this is not meant to duplicate the night custodial work)
- Clean entrances with vacuum as required.
- Clean staff refrigerator interior.
- Clean graffiti in classrooms (desks).
- Clean graffiti in restrooms (stalls and walls).
- Clean all restrooms.
- Clean stair railings daily with antiseptic.
- Clean water fountains with anti-septic.
- Clean cafeteria doors with antiseptic.
- Clean all student desks weekly.
- Clean up student accidents in classrooms, restrooms and common areas.
- Clean glass windows and doors in front lobby.
- Cleanup toilet and sink overflows.
- Collect cardboard boxes from hallways and other areas of school.
- Deliver incoming items to distribution and stock rooms as necessary.
- Empty and change liner in feminine hygiene receptacles, as necessary.
- Empty outside trash containers.
- Empty paper shredders in workrooms and offices.
- Empty trash baskets in all rooms and restrooms, if overflowing.
- High dust HVAC vents and returns weekly.
- Manage supplies and distribute to stock rooms as necessary.
- Mop floor and stairs, as required.
- Put up and take down chairs.
- Put up and take down tables.
- Replenish all supplies and consumables in staff and student restrooms.
- Replenish classroom paper products.
- Sweep interior floors.
- Sweep parking lot.
- Sweep sidewalks.
- Take all trash out to dumpster as required.
- Take cafeteria trash to dumpster after lunch.
- Take recycle out to dumpster as required.
- Vacuum all carpeted rooms and hallways.
- Vacuum the carpet in classrooms.
Essential Maintenance Functions (as required)
- Minor maintenance around the school.
- Minor plumbing.
- Plunging clogged toilets.
- Minor repair of walls as needed.
- Put up pictures.
- Change batteries, bulbs, and etc.
- Replace fluorescent bulb ballasts.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) exam required.
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment, products, techniques and standards.
- Skill in using cleaning products and equipment.
- Skill in following verbal and written instructions.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects and coordinate the work of others.
- Knowledge of school policies on immunization, medication, first aid, emergencies and child abuse/neglect.
- Ability to demonstrate, uphold, and promote in daily interactions a commitment to the school’s mission and vision, and the moral character and civic virtue the school embodies.
All applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page, or call 888.246.6066 for more information. Thank you for your interest in this position.