ESI Works is now hiring a Guidance Counselor in Naples, FL.
ESI Works provides comprehensive human resource services for its partner schools. This includes recruiting, staffing, screening, on boarding, payroll and benefits administration. Founded in 2015, ESI Works has carefully crafted our company culture and reputation based on a deep understanding that staffing is first and foremost about people. We understand the right placement in the right job changes lives. ESI Works is committed to providing simplified employment solutions through our superior work ethic and industry experience. It is our mission to treat every person we encounter with wholehearted integrity and dedication.
The guidance counselor is a salaried, exempt position with a 12-month work schedule. Salary will be set annually on a performance-based schedule. The guidance counselor will report to the student services director of school. The guidance counselor performs administrative work in the academic operational area of the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and implements a comprehensive counseling program that aligns with state guidelines.
- Plans and implements the counseling program to address the academic, career and personal/social needs of every student.
- Coordinates delivery of an annual needs assessment for the counseling program.
- Delivers the four program components: the counseling curriculum, individual student planning, responsive services and system support.
- Provides short-term individual and group counseling opportunities for students to promote school success, personal growth, self-understanding, communication, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Assists families by providing referrals to outside services for students with acute or chronic mental health needs.
- Assists in curriculum development, professional development and identification of interventions to assist students.
- Consults with administration, staff and parents regarding mental health issues in order to assist students with attitude, learning and/or behavioral problems.
- Serves on the school health/mental health team.
- Assists with test preparation (e.g. test-taking skills, staff training on optimal testing conditions) and interpretation of standardized testing.
- Evaluates the counseling program on an annual basis for continuous improvement.
- Regularly attends counseling meetings to keep current on policies, procedures and best practices regarding school counseling programs and issues.
- Facilitates the development of the school/community social and health assessment as a required component of the state accreditation process.
- To perform this job successfully an individual must have knowledge of spreadsheet software and word processing software.
- Three years of experience in a public-school setting or counseling environment.
- Master’s degree in Counseling.
- Guidance Counseling K-12 Certificate.
- Ability to demonstrate, uphold, and promote in daily interactions a commitment to the school’s mission and vision, and the moral character and civic virtue the school embodies.
All applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page, or call 888.246.6066 for more information. Thank you for your interest in this position.