ESI Works is now hiring a Physical Education Teacher in Naples, FL.
ESI Works provides comprehensive human resource services for its partner schools. This includes recruiting, staffing, screening, on boarding, payroll and benefits administration. Founded in 2015, ESI Works has carefully crafted our company culture and reputation based on a deep understanding that staffing is first and foremost about people. We understand the right placement in the right job changes lives. ESI Works is committed to providing simplified employment solutions through our superior work ethic and industry experience. It is our mission to treat every person we encounter with wholehearted integrity and dedication.
Assists the classroom teacher(s) in providing a well-organized, smoothly functioning physical education environment. Serves as a resource by supporting the classroom teacher’s efforts to organize and coordinate the physical education program for students and performs additional support duties as delegated by the principal or his/her designee. Works in close proximity to the teacher and has frequent contact with the teacher.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates physical education curriculum.
- Coordinates students in physical education activities in educational institution: Plans physical education program to promote development of student’s physical attributes and social skills.
- Coordinates individual and team sports for students, utilizing knowledge of sports techniques and of physical capabilities of students.
- Organizes, leads, instructs, and referees indoor and outdoor games, such as volleyball, baseball, and basketball.
- Coordinates individuals or groups in beginning or advanced calisthenics, gymnastics, or corrective exercises, determining type and level of difficulty of exercises, corrections needed, and prescribed movements, applying knowledge of sports, physiology, and corrective techniques.
- Coordinates and demonstrates use of gymnastic and training apparatus, such as trampolines and weights.
- May select, store, order, issue, and inventory equipment, materials, and supplies used in physical education program.
- May specialize in coordinating specific sport, such as tennis, swimming, or basketball.
- Assists in the evaluation of the wellness policy implementation.
- Assists with supervision of students in playground.
- Uses positive, effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Maintains confidentiality concerning education, health and personal information about students.
- Follows school policies and procedures for protecting health, safety and well-being of children and youth.
- Demonstrates dependability, integrity, and respect for individual differences.
- Bachelor’s degree from a fully accredited college or university.
- Possession of, or eligibility for, a Florida teaching certificate for K-6.
- Ability to demonstrate, uphold, and promote in daily interactions a commitment to the school’s mission and vision, and the moral character and civic virtue the school embodies.
All applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page, or call 888.246.6066 for more information. Thank you for your interest in this position.