ESI Works is now hiring an Upper School Latin Teacher in Naples, FL.
ESI Works provides comprehensive human resource services for its partner schools. This includes recruiting, staffing, screening, on boarding, payroll and benefits administration. Founded in 2015, ESI Works has carefully crafted our company culture and reputation based on a deep understanding that staffing is first and foremost about people. We understand the right placement in the right job changes lives. ESI Works is committed to providing simplified employment solutions through our superior work ethic and industry experience. It is our mission to treat every person we encounter with wholehearted integrity and dedication.
The Latin teacher motivates each student to develop competencies, knowledge, and skills in aurally comprehending, speaking, reading, and writing Latin, in accordance with each student’s ability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Latin teachers concentrate primarily on the study of syntax, morphology and vocabulary with emphasis on reading and translation of classical literature.
- Interact with the children and to encourage their involvement in activities.
- Prepare a safe environment that is orderly, clean and appealing and permits the child to grow and to explore.
- Develops lesson plans and supplementary materials compatible with the basic instructional philosophy.
- Provides learning experiences which develop the basic communication skills, utilizing tape recorders and other electronic equipment as appropriate.
- Provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Instruct students in safe operation of electronic equipment used in language instruction. Makes minor adjustments and repairs as required.
- Develops student understanding and appreciation of culture of countries where the studied language is spoken.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
- Evaluate each student’s progress in aural comprehension, speaking, reading and writing the foreign language in relationship to the level being taught.
- Selects and requisitions books, instructional aids, and instructional supplies; maintains required inventory records.
- Communicates with parents and school counselors on student progress.
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
- Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs.
- Participates in faculty committees and sponsorship of student activities.
- A degree in foreign language education.
- Possess or apply for a Florida teaching certificate.
- A Master’s degree in Education or Master’s degree in a related field is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to supervise aides and other personnel.
- Demonstrated judgment to handle crisis situations and to use supervision constructively.
- Ability to demonstrate, uphold, and promote in daily interactions a commitment to the school’s mission and vision, and the moral character and civic virtue the school embodies.
All applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page, or call 888.246.6066 for more information. Thank you for your interest in this position.