ESI Works is now hiring an Upper School Music Teacher in Naples, FL.
ESI Works provides comprehensive human resource services for its partner schools. This includes recruiting, staffing, screening, on boarding, payroll and benefits administration. Founded in 2015, ESI Works has carefully crafted our company culture and reputation based on a deep understanding that staffing is first and foremost about people. We understand the right placement in the right job changes lives. ESI Works is committed to providing simplified employment solutions through our superior work ethic and industry experience. It is our mission to treat every person we encounter with wholehearted integrity and dedication.
This is an instructional position with responsibility for establishing music as a vital living experience in the life of each child. The teacher is expected to understand and demonstrate effective student instruction and assessment to maximize educational achievement for all students, and work collaboratively to ensure a working and learning climate for all students that is safe, secure and respectful. Implementing strategies to reach the multiple intelligences of students through creative lessons is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrating an understanding and mastery of central concepts, tools of inquiry, and structure of the discipline(s) taught, effectively transmitting this knowledge to students, and making the subject matter meaningful to students.
- Demonstrating an understanding of and commitment to classical education and the vision, mission, and philosophy of the school, and consistently developing, fostering, and advancing these concepts in students.
- Planning a program that incorporates and teaches the Florida Standards.
- Guiding students to enjoy, appreciate and interpret music in his/her daily life.
- Encouraging and assisting students to acquire skills in music through a series of sequential experiences.
- Encouraging students to develop their own creativity by providing opportunities for creativity in each experience area.
- Encouraging and promoting the coordination of music with other subject areas in the curriculum.
- Determining the materials to be used in instruction and planning the best methods for presenting them.
- Assisting in planning, preparing, and presenting programs, field trips, and festivals for the school.
- Evaluating student performance in music.
- Planning in-depth experiences for special groups or individuals based on student needs.
- Assisting the head of school and staff in inventorying, organizing, ordering, and caring for music materials and equipment.
- Maintaining students’ grades.
- Developing and maintaining a climate and culture of openness, fairness, mutual respect, kindness, support, and inquiry.
- Listening and interacting effectively with students, parents, colleagues, leadership, and community members, respecting diverse perspectives.
- Demonstrating respect for students, colleagues, administrators, and parents.
- Modeling and reinforcing good judgment, prudence, virtue, self-discipline, and responsibility.
- Developing and implementing a strategic planning system including course, unit, and lesson plans.
- Providing students and parents with timely data for improvement in student achievement.
- Promoting independent and collaborative work ethic.
- Establishing and maintaining a safe and secure classroom environment.
- Managing student misconduct promptly and resolving conflict and crises effectively.
- Working effectively with school colleagues, parents, and the community to support students’ learning and well-being.
- Performing other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Certification and competency in music education, K-12.
- Understanding and knowledge of child development.
- Ability to demonstrate, uphold, and promote in daily interactions a commitment to the school’s mission and vision, and the moral character and civic virtue the school embodies.
All applicants are encouraged to apply directly, or call 888.246.6066 for more information. Thank you for your interest in this position.