ESI Works is now hiring CNA/HHAs in Okeechobee, FL.
- Provides personal care and related services in the home, under the direction, instruction and supervision of the staff nurse and the Director of Nursing.
- Tasks to be performed by an HHA must be assigned by and performed under the supervision of an RN who will be responsible for the patient care provided by the HHA.
- Under no circumstances may an HHA be assigned to receive or reduce any intravenous procedures, or any other sterile or invasive procedures, other than rectal temperatures.
- Follows the plan of care to provide, safe, competent care to the patient.
- Helps the patient to maintain good personal hygiene and assists in maintaining a healthful, safe environment.
- Plans and prepares nutritious meals, markets when instructed to do so by the nurse.
- Assists the patient with ambulation as ordered by the physician and approved and supervised by the nurse.
- Assists the therapy personnel as needed with rehabilitative processes.
- Encourages the patient to become as independent as possible according to the nursing care plan.
- Attempts to promote patient’s mental alertness through involvement in activities of interest.
- Gives simple emotional and psychological support to the patient and other members of the household and establishes a relationship with patient and family which transmit trust and confidentiality.
- Reports any change in the patient’s mental or physical condition or in the home situation to the staff nurse, or to the Aide supervisor.
- Performs routine housekeeping tasks as related to a safe and comfortable environment for the patient, as instructed by the professional nurse.
- Prepares a visit report promptly and incorporates same in the clinical record weekly.
- Confirms on a weekly basis, the scheduling of visits so that other necessary visits by staff members can be coordinated.
- Works with personnel of other community agencies involved in the patient’s care as directed by the nurse.
- Attends in-service as required by regulation.
- Preferably a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have completed a minimum of 40 hours of training which includes an introduction to personal care services.
- If a Nursing certified by the state, the individual will meet the qualifications for a home health aide as his or her hours of training will exceed the minimum required. A copy of the current license will be provided.
- Must be free from health problems that may be injurious to patient, self and co-workers and must present appropriate evidence to substantiate this.
- Must comprehend the basics of personal care, housekeeping and meal preparation.
- Must understand and respect patient’s including ethics and confidentiality of care.
- Must have proof of completion of an HIV/AIDS training, and Alzheimer’s training.
- Must have cleared background screening.
- Must have current CPR certification.
All applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page, or call 888.246.6066 for more information. Thank you for your interest in this position.