ESI Works is now hiring Companions in Okeechobee, FL.
The Companion performs housekeeping services and provides assistance in the activities of daily living when an individual or family cannot meet these responsibilities. The Companion works under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse, social worker or other professional person to provide a supplementary service in carrying out a service plan. The Companion must have had at least one-year experience, either work or life experience as a companion.
- Gives personal attention to the sick, disabled and aged to help provide and maintain physical and emotional comfort, and to assist the individual toward independent living.
- Assists in lessening the burden of prolonged illness physically, emotionally and/or economically.
- Maintain the home in optimum state of cleanliness and safety.
- Works toward hastening convalescence and reducing the length of stay in an institution by permitting the individual to remain at home or to return home sooner than would otherwise be possible.
- Enables the ill, disabled or frail aged person to remain in his/her own home among familiar surroundings.
- Has empathy for the needs of the ill, elderly, injured, frail and impaired.
- Performs the functions generally undertaken by the customary homemaker, including duties as preparation of meals, laundry, shopping, household chores, and care of children.
- Perform casual, cosmetic assistance, such as brushing the patient’s hair and assisting with make-up, filing and polishing nails, not clipping.
- Stabilize the patient when walking, as needed, by holding the arm or hand.
- If requested by the patient or responsible party, may verbally remind the patient that it is time to take medication.
- Preferably a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a current criminal clearance that satisfies the Agency, local, state and federal statute.
- Must be free from health problems that may be injurious to patient, self and co-workers and must present appropriate evidence to substantiate this.
- Must understand and respect patient’s including ethics and confidentiality of care.
- Must have completed a HIV/AIDS training program, and Alzheimer’s training.
- Must have a clear background screening.
All applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page, or call 888.246.6066 for more information. Thank you for your interest in this position.