ESI Works is now hiring Elementary Teachers in Jacksonville, FL.
ESI Works provides comprehensive human resource services for its partner schools. This includes recruiting, staffing, screening, on boarding, payroll and benefits administration. Founded in 2015, ESI Works has carefully crafted our company culture and reputation based on a deep understanding that staffing is first and foremost about people. We understand the right placement in the right job changes lives. ESI Works is committed to providing simplified employment solutions through our superior work ethic and industry experience. It is our mission to treat every person we encounter with wholehearted integrity and dedication.
Instructional position responsible for the educational leadership of students in a group or class in an innovative charter school. The educational leader will understand, demonstrate the use of, and implement the school’s curriculum, student instruction, and assessment to maximize educational achievement for all students, and work collaboratively to ensure a working and learning climate for all students that is safe, secure, and respectful. Implementation of strategies to reach the multiple intelligences of students through creative lessons is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrating an understanding of and commitment to classical education and the vision, mission, and philosophy of the school, and consistently developing, fostering, and advancing these concepts in students.
- Demonstrating an understanding and mastery of central concepts, tools of inquiry, and structure of the discipline(s) taught, and effectively transmitting this knowledge to students, and making the subject matter meaningful to students.
- Developing and maintaining a climate and culture of openness, fairness, mutual respect, kindness, support, and inquiry.
- Engaging every student in grade level-appropriate learning experiences that promote performance and intellectual and moral development.
- Listening and interacting effectively with students, parents, colleagues, leadership, and community members, respecting diverse perspectives.
- Demonstrating respect for students, colleagues, administrators, and parents.
- Modeling and reinforcing good judgment, prudence, virtue, self-discipline, and responsibility.
- Working effectively with school leadership and colleagues, parents, and the community to support students’ learning and well-being.
- Providing professional leadership to establish a culture conducive to intellectual and moral development, knowledge acquisition, thinking, analysis, learning, and student diversity; involving students in the development of a mission and goals that support the school’s goals and guide classroom decisions, and using data effectively for continual improvement.
- Developing and implementing a strategic planning system including course, unit, and lesson plans.
- Providing opportunities for students to demonstrate appropriate progress toward graduation expectations: knowledgeable, lifelong learner; responsible individual; effective communicator; problem solver; collaborative team worker, and self-directed learner.
- Providing students and parents with timely data for improvement in student achievement.
- Using formal and informal assessment strategies to determine whether students have achieved high standards and modifying instructional strategies as needed to maximize achievement.
- Demonstrating an understanding of how students learn and provides learning opportunities that support intellectual, social, and personal development of diverse learners.
- Establishing and maintaining a safe and secure classroom environment.
- Managing student misconduct promptly and resolving conflict and crises effectively.
- Promoting both independent and collaborative work ethics.
- Developing and managing human resources within the classroom by maintaining a professional development plan and engaging in professional development activities, recognizing students and parents for contributions to goal achievement.
- Using teaching and learning strategies that reflect each student’s culture, learning styles, special needs, and socioeconomic background.
- Seeking resources necessary to achieve classroom and school goals, such as course materials that match the reading levels of students.
- Using classroom processes that support effective teaching and learning to promote high student achievement, designing lessons to promote all students’ being engaged in learning all the time through such strategies as active learning, hands-on application, and teacher-student and student-student conversations about the learning.
- Using appropriate technology in teaching and learning processes, record keeping, assessment, evaluation, and performance analysis.
- Demonstrating positive classroom results and trends.
- Performing other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a fully accredited college or university.
- Possession of, or eligibility for, a Florida teaching certificate for the level and subject area to be taught.
- Preferred Florida teacher certification in elementary education and/or the middle grades.
- Ability to demonstrate, uphold, and promote in daily interactions a commitment to the school’s mission and vision, and the moral character and civic virtue the school embodies.
All applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page, or call 888.246.6066 for more information. Thank you for your interest in this position.