On behalf of Jacksonville Classical Academy East, ESI Works is now hiring a Curriculum Coordinator in Jacksonville, FL.
ESI Works provides comprehensive human resource services for its partner schools. This includes recruiting, staffing, screening, on boarding, payroll and benefits administration. Founded in 2015, ESI Works has carefully crafted our company culture and reputation based on a deep understanding that staffing is first and foremost about people. We understand the right placement in the right job changes lives. ESI Works is committed to providing simplified employment solutions through our superior work ethic and industry experience. It is our mission to treat every person we encounter with wholehearted integrity and dedication.
The curriculum coordinator performs administrative work in the academic operational area of the organization. Essential functions include development of faculty to include evaluation, professional development, mentorship, and training. Additional functions include management of curriculum and student resources. He or she works to maintain the integrity of the organization, and that curriculum resources are managed effectively.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain organized system of storing all curriculum materials.
- Keeps accurate count of all curriculum inventory throughout year. Updates master Excel file as necessary.
- Obtains quotes from vendors for curriculum.
- Requests purchase orders from business manager when needed.
- Keeps accurate log of signed out material and curriculum.
- Coordinates with teachers for the return of signed out curriculum.
- Creates and serves on committees as necessary inside and outside of the school.
- Assist in the development of budget recommendations for the school.
- Contribute the expertise needed to prepare the school’s Riggs’ program.
- Manage individual diagnostic testing to enable better prescriptive approaches for classroom instruction.
- Assist the school staff in organizing and managing reading skills as an integral part of all subject areas.
- Provide in-service training for school staff by modeling and coaching effective strategies for content area instruction.
- Participate in a team-teaching effort with classroom teachers.
- Interpret the reading program for both parents and the community.
- Ensure student and teacher needs are being met by analyzing data regarding student reading and teacher training, and recommend steps to address those needs.
- Participate successfully in the training programs offered to increase the individual’s skill and proficiency related to the assignments.
- Review current developments, literature and technical sources of information related to job responsibility.
- Coach and mentor teachers on instructional delivery and curriculum content knowledge, including modeling classical pedagogical methods, such as direct instruction and Socratic inquiry.
- Coordinate, plan, and implement professional development opportunities for teachers.
- Assist teachers in the integration of technology, consistent with a classical curriculum, in the classroom.
- Observe teachers in the classroom on a daily basis, and provide timely feedback.
- Assist head of school in teacher evaluation process.
- Coordinate cross-curricular and cross-grade level lesson planning.
- Contribute to the development of a positive and structured school culture through assisting and coaching teachers in classroom management.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Three years broad, varied and increasingly responsible experience with budgeting, computer information systems, and organizational procedures.
- Charter school experience desirable.
- The minimum requirements for this job are as follows: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Education, Organizational Management, or related discipline desired.
- Ability to demonstrate, uphold, and promote in daily interactions a commitment to the school’s mission and vision, and the moral character and civic virtue the school embodies.
All applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page, or call 888.246.6066 for more information. Thank you for your interest in this position.