ESI is now hiring a Head of School in Columbus, Ohio.
ESI is seeking a qualified and passionate Head of School to cultivate the premier classical education in the Midwest for our school partner. The Head of School (HOS) has the exciting and serious task of setting the trajectory, culture, expectations, and life of the school as it moves towards its first year in operation. This includes the vital role of building the school staff of teachers and administration, aiding in the preparation of the schools location, and assisting the board members with associated tasks of opening a new school. Position will report into a Board of Directors.
- Professional experience with a classical learning environment
- Exceptional administrative, management, and leadership skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with all stakeholders, including administration, faculty, staff, parents, students, and program facilitators
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An educational philosophy consistent with the mission of the school
- Ability to work well with colleagues in all areas of education including planning, assessment, and collaboration
- Ability to exercise discretion and utmost professionalism in confidential & sensitive student/family matters
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads recruitment and selection of applicants for school-based academic positions
- Establish and maintain a positive school culture focused on the mission and vision of the school
- Aid and direct teachers and staff in understanding and promoting the mission/vision in all endeavors
- Uphold a positive and effective school climate by ensuring that all interactions with staff, students, parents, and the public at large are prompt, efficient, helpful, and friendly
- Provide general management of the school and guide administrative details as needed in the planning, coordination, and supervision of the day-to-day academic operations of the
- school office
- Manage operational and instructional staff
- Develop and implement plans to support and form teachers in classical pedagogy
- The intellectual and emotional strength, mental agility, and durability to have difficult conversations
- A gifted rhetorician with the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms
- The ability to maintain a high degree of energy and personal productivity, and to effectively manage the productivity of others, prioritize competing initiatives, and drive incremental and
- ongoing improvement
- Implement a thorough and effective professional development model that ultimately aids teaching and learning (faculty development)
- Act as the face of the school in fundraising activities and work to secure financial support
- Report at regular board meetings on the status of school operations and plans for upcoming activities
Leadership of school which involves but is not limited to:
- Passionate about the classical model of education
- Ability to inspire others to take up difficult tasks
- Professional, calm, and open-minded problem solver who maintains level headedness
- Experienced in forming vibrant and joyful cultures of co-workers
- Tactful when handling difficult conversations and situations
- Well-organized achiever who thrives on building new systems
- Enjoys and rejoices in the formation of young minds
- Proven track record of successfully starting and leading new enterprises
ABOUT THE SCHOOL NETWORK:
The new school, a Hillsdale College Curriculum School, opening in August of 2023, will be the first private, classical, K-12 school in the central Ohio region.
ESI COMPANY SUMMARY:
ESI provides comprehensive human resource services for its partner schools. This includes recruiting, staffing, screening, on boarding, payroll and benefits administration. Founded in 2015, ESI has carefully crafted our company culture and reputation based on a deep understanding that staffing is first and foremost about people. We understand the right placement in the right job changes lives. ESI is committed to providing simplified employment solutions through our superior work ethic and industry experience. It is our mission to treat every person we encounter with wholehearted integrity and dedication.
All applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page, or call 888.246.6066 for more information. Thank you for your interest in this position.