On behalf of Jacksonville Classical Academy East, ESI Works is now hiring a Literacy Coach in Jacksonville, FL.
ESI Works provides comprehensive human resource services for its partner schools. This includes recruiting, staffing, screening, on boarding, payroll and benefits administration. Founded in 2015, ESI Works has carefully crafted our company culture and reputation based on a deep understanding that staffing is first and foremost about people. We understand the right placement in the right job changes lives. ESI Works is committed to providing simplified employment solutions through our superior work ethic and industry experience. It is our mission to treat every person we encounter with wholehearted integrity and dedication.
A literacy coach is a certified teacher who works with classroom teachers in assisting with the full implementation and monitoring of the academy’s adopted reading program in response to intervention needed for student achievement. Instructional position responsible for the educational leadership of students in a group or class in an innovative charter school. The educational leader will understand, demonstrate the use of, and implement the school’s curriculum, student instruction, and assessment to maximize educational achievement for all students, and work collaboratively to ensure a working and learning climate for all students that is safe, secure, and respectful. Implementation of strategies to reach the multiple intelligences of students through creative lessons is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and implement professional development opportunities that are based on analysis of student performance indicators and are aligned with current research.
- Demonstrate and model best practices through large group, small group, or one-onone activities.
- Perform as the subject matter expert for “Literacy Essentials” phonics.
- Coach instructional staff, which includes pre-conferencing with teachers, observing teachers, structuring activities with teachers that are designed to enhance instructional delivery in the classroom, and post-conferencing with teachers.
- Assist the principal by helping to coordinate the school’s screening, diagnostic, progress monitoring, and outcome assessment program.
- Research and recommend materials for purchase; train and assist with the implementation of instructional materials.
- Provide training in the administration and interpretation of formal and informal diagnostic and evaluation instruments.
- Assist teachers in analyzing student data and developing action plans for differentiated instruction.
- Participate in Florida Department of Education required reading trainings and workshops.
- Participate in academy-sponsored activities that include professional development designed to enhance the coaching model and regular coaching meetings.
- Maintain a schedule approved by the principal and log of coaching activities that includes quarterly submission of coaching summaries to the principal.
- Produce federal, state and district reports, as required.
- Provide consultation to the principal on the overall elements and operation of a successful reading program.
- Conduct and supervise inventory of curriculum materials (including, but not limited to, phonics, literature, grammar, history, Latin and Spanish) with staff and coordinate inventory purchases with the math coach and administration.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a fully accredited college or university.
- Possession of, or eligibility for, a Florida teaching certificate for K-6.
- Preferred Florida certification in the elementary education and/or the middle grades.
- Certification in K-12 reading or reading endorsement preferred; OR in process of earning certification/reading
- Endorsement within a three-year time period.
- ESOL certification or endorsement preferred.
- Strong background in reading instruction and teacher training required.
- Demonstrated success as a reading teacher, especially with below-level readers.
- Ability to demonstrate, uphold, and promote in daily interactions a commitment to the school’s mission and vision, and the moral character and civic virtue the school embodies.
All applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page, or call 888.246.6066 for more information. Thank you for your interest in this position.