On behalf of Jacksonville Classical Academy East, ESI Works is now hiring a Math Coach in Jacksonville, FL.
ESI Works provides comprehensive human resource services for its partner schools. This includes recruiting, staffing, screening, on boarding, payroll and benefits administration. Founded in 2015, ESI Works has carefully crafted our company culture and reputation based on a deep understanding that staffing is first and foremost about people. We understand the right placement in the right job changes lives. ESI Works is committed to providing simplified employment solutions through our superior work ethic and industry experience. It is our mission to treat every person we encounter with wholehearted integrity and dedication.
A coach is a certified teacher who works with classroom teachers in assisting with the full implementation and monitoring of the academy’s adopted math program in response to intervention needed for student achievement. Instructional position responsible for the educational leadership of students in a group or class in an innovative charter school. The educational leader will understand, demonstrate the use of, and implement the school’s curriculum, student instruction, and assessment to maximize educational achievement for all students, and work collaboratively to ensure a working and learning climate for all students that is safe, secure, and respectful. Implementation of strategies to reach the multiple intelligences of students through creative lessons is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research and provide staff support that will improve teaching and learning including teaching strategies, assessment of math skills, interpretation, and use of assessment results, etc.
- Research, prepare materials, and identify resources for use by the academy, teams, and teachers including teaching strategies, assessment of math skills, and interpretation and use of assessment results, etc.
- Research and provide information and guidance regarding a range of effective and innovative math practices through various activities such as: individual discussions (informal and formal), coaching sessions, demonstration lessons with pre- and post discussion/analysis, study groups, staff meetings, and professional development programs.
- Provide support and assistance to all classroom teachers in the full implementation of the academy’s adopted math program (Singapore Math) through FSA score analysis/interpretation.
- Conduct demonstration lessons to ensure that all teachers have been trained to an advanced level of delivery and are using the instructional materials as designed.
- Provide on-site staff development to ensure that teachers are knowledgeable about program components and understand the instructional design of how the program meets the Florida State standards (alignment).
- Assist teachers in building an interactive classroom and assure that recommendations for improvement are implemented.
- Serve as a resource in identifying appropriate instructional strategies and interventions to improve student achievement for all students.
- Assist teacher in preparation pacing for instruction.
- Participation in collaborative grade level meetings to assist in the analysis and utilization of assessment data to improve the focus of instructional planning and student achievement.
- Assist grade level teams in setting goals for improved instruction and RTI implementation.
- Meet regularly (weekly) with the principal to review benchmarks and established data points to assess student progress towards established instructional goals.
- Prepare forms, records and reports as directed.
- Attend meetings and trainings as directed.
- Conduct and supervise inventory of math curriculum materials with staff and coordinate inventory purchases with the literacy coach and administration.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a fully accredited college or university.
- Possession of, or eligibility for, a Florida teaching certificate for K-6.
- Preferred Florida certification in the elementary education and/or the middle grades.
- Strong background in math instruction and teacher training required.
- Demonstrated success as a math teacher, especially with below-level students.
- Ability to demonstrate, uphold, and promote in daily interactions a commitment to the school’s mission and vision, and the moral character and civic virtue the school embodies.
All applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page, or call 888.246.6066 for more information. Thank you for your interest in this position.