ESI is now hiring Math Teachers (6th-12th) in Jacksonville, FL.
ESI seeks an experienced professional responsible for creating a program and an environment favorable to learning and personal growth for students.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Current Florida teaching certificate endorsed in the area to be taught, or Florida Statement of Eligibility.
- When enrollment dictates ESOL, teacher must possess required ESOL hours or certification.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cooperates in the development and implementation of the school program of instruction.
- Plans and implements a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students and complies with FLDOE standards and school goals and objectives.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals. Establishes clear objectives for all lessons, assignments, units, and projects in harmony with curriculum goals and communicates the objectives to students.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives in student instruction.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Shows commitment to the school’s mission, academic program, and student academic outcomes as outlined by the school.
- Establishes and maintains standards of appropriate student behavior and discipline to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom and assists in its maintenance campus wide.
- Provides and maintains a safe and supervised environment in the classroom and on the school grounds.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Demonstrated expertise in subject matter (especially for subject specialists).
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Personal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- Knowledge of computer systems, financial procedures, and legal requirements.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects, and coordinate the work of others.
- Knowledge of school policies on immunization, medication, first aid, emergencies and child abuse/neglect.
- Knowledge of all laws, regulations, and guidelines affecting teachers and students.
- Knowledge of effective classroom management techniques.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with students, parents, community members, and staff.
- Maintain emotional control under stressful situations.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
ESI COMPANY SUMMARY:
ESI provides comprehensive human resource services for its partner schools. This includes recruiting, staffing, screening, on boarding, payroll and benefits administration. Founded in 2015, ESI has carefully crafted our company culture and reputation based on a deep understanding that staffing is first and foremost about people. We understand the right placement in the right job changes lives. ESI is committed to providing simplified employment solutions through our superior work ethic and industry experience. It is our mission to treat every person we encounter with wholehearted integrity and dedication.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply directly, or call 888.246.6066 for more information. Thank you for your interest in this position.