On behalf of Naples Classical Academy, ESI Works is now hiring a Physical Education Assistant in Naples, FL.
ESI Works provides comprehensive human resource services for its partner schools. This includes recruiting, staffing, screening, on boarding, payroll and benefits administration. Founded in 2015, ESI Works has carefully crafted our company culture and reputation based on a deep understanding that staffing is first and foremost about people. We understand the right placement in the right job changes lives. ESI Works is committed to providing simplified employment solutions through our superior work ethic and industry experience. It is our mission to treat every person we encounter with wholehearted integrity and dedication.
The physical education assistant position is responsible for the educational support of students in a group or physical education class in an innovative charter school. The physical education assistant will understand, demonstrate the use of, and implement the school’s curriculum, student instruction, and assessment to maximize educational achievement for all students, and work collaboratively to ensure a working and learning climate for all students that is safe, secure, and respectful. Implementation of strategies to reach the multiple intelligences of students through creative lessons is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting teaching faculty in classroom supervision, observation and record keeping.
- Support the physical education assistant in managing student activities in class and during outside activities.
- The physical education assistant may assist the physical education instructor in implementing physical education instructional plans.
- This includes providing support while the physical education instructor is teaching, giving lessons independently when the physical education instructor is unavailable and providing small group tutoring to students who need additional assistance.
- The physical education assistant may prepare and organize lessons and educational programs under the guidance of the physical education instructor. They may prepare all materials for the lesson, including any handouts, worksheets and exams. They may also set up any displays or work areas prior to the lesson. This work often includes operating printers and copy machines.
- The physical education assistant completes administrative duties such as taking and recording attendance, drafting and sending out progress reports for students, answering emails and phone calls from families and maintaining supply inventory for the classroom.
- Encourage safety habits in work and organized game activities.
- Assist in the maintenance and storage of sports equipment.
- Set up sports equipment for class.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Strong moral character.
- Ability to demonstrate, uphold, and promote in daily interactions a commitment to the school’s mission and vision, and the moral character and civic virtue the school embodies.
All applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page, or call 888.246.6066 for more information. Thank you for your interest in this position.