On behalf of Jacksonville Classical Academy, ESI Works is now hiring a Recess Monitor in Jacksonville, FL.
ESI Works provides comprehensive human resource services for its partner schools. This includes recruiting, staffing, screening, on boarding, payroll and benefits administration. Founded in 2015, ESI Works has carefully crafted our company culture and reputation based on a deep understanding that staffing is first and foremost about people. We understand the right placement in the right job changes lives. ESI Works is committed to providing simplified employment solutions through our superior work ethic and industry experience. It is our mission to treat every person we encounter with wholehearted integrity and dedication.
The recess monitor position is responsible for the monitoring of students during recess. The recess monitor will understand, demonstrate the use of, and implement the school’s recess safety expectations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recess monitors’ essential duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Complete first aid training.
- Handle student first aid incidents.
- Supervise students while outside (or inside during inclement weather) ensuring that students are safe and following established recess procedures and rules at all times.
- Exercise sound judgment in making decisions regarding the safety and welfare of students.
- Remain visible to students and attentive to what is transpiring in the recess area.
- Circulate continuously through their assigned area.
- Provide structured activity and encourage cooperative play and less rough play and no bullying.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Strong moral character.
- Ability to demonstrate, uphold, and promote in daily interactions a commitment to the school’s mission and vision, and the moral character and civic virtue the school embodies.
All applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page, or call 888.246.6066 for more information. Thank you for your interest in this position.