ESI is now hiring a Special Education Teacher in the Austin, TX area.
Special Education Teachers will be responsible for providing high quality, mission-aligned instruction. Key skills include careful planning, clear communication, practical wisdom, classroom leadership, strong organization, and the ability to establish a classroom environment characterized by joy, respect, order, wonder, and deep engagement.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution
- Experience: Experience in a Special Education classroom setting
- Licenses or Certifications: valid state certification in Special Education and content is require
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adapt lessons to meet the needs of students.
- Develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for a caseload
- Implement IEPs, assess students’ performance, and track their progress
- Update IEPs throughout the school year to reflect students’ progress and goals
- Assess student’s skills to determine their needs and to develop teaching plans
- Teach small groups consisting of students that are academically at-risk in reading and/or math to include students in general education, 504, response-to-intervention, Special Education, and English Language Learners.
- Collect and analyze student data in order to make effective decisions to maximize achievement
- Discuss student’s progress with parents, teachers, counselors, and administrators
- Prepare and help students transition from grade to grade and after graduation
- Implement state learning standards and assessments to meet ambitious academic expectations
- Submit weekly lesson plans
- Implement formal and informal assessments to track each individual student’s progress and learning needs, adjust lesson plans accordingly and update grade book weekly
- Communicate students’ progress with students and family on a weekly basis
- Effective facilitation and personal use of technology as a communication and educational tool to improve student achievement and manage work-related tasks.
- Implement a clear and consistent behavior management system that aligns to campus-wide initiatives while developing students’ character and sense of community in the classroom
- Help shape and develop a school-wide culture that fosters a productive and enthusiastic learning environment for each student
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with students and families based on trust, understanding, and respect for the communities in which they identify.
- Host necessary tutoring sessions to meet all students’ needs
ESI COMPANY SUMMARY:
ESI provides comprehensive human resource services for its partner schools. This includes recruiting, staffing, screening, on boarding, payroll and benefits administration. Founded in 2015, ESI has carefully crafted our company culture and reputation based on a deep understanding that staffing is first and foremost about people. We understand the right placement in the right job changes lives. ESI is committed to providing simplified employment solutions through our superior work ethic and industry experience. It is our mission to treat every person we encounter with wholehearted integrity and dedication.
All applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page, or call 888.246.6066 for more information. Thank you for your interest in this position.