On behalf of Jacksonville Classical Academy East, ESI is now hiring an In School Support Assistant in Jacksonville, FL.
ESI provides comprehensive human resource services for its partner schools. This includes recruiting, staffing, screening, on boarding, payroll and benefits administration. Founded in 2015, ESI has carefully crafted our company culture and reputation based on a deep understanding that staffing is first and foremost about people. We understand the right placement in the right job changes lives. ESI is committed to providing simplified employment solutions through our superior work ethic and industry experience. It is our mission to treat every person we encounter with wholehearted integrity and dedication.
The In School Support Assistant (ISSA) is assigned for at least 80% of the work day the responsibility of providing instructional assistance and maintaining discipline in the In School Support Program classroom(s). Remote supervision of the ISSA by appropriate certificated staff will be provided.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The ISSA is responsible for establishing and maintaining a positive learning environment for students assigned to the In School Support Program.
- The ISSA is responsible for establishing a classroom management plan, providing individual assistance to students for instructional purposes, compiling/distributing student assignments, and oversight of In School Support Program student activities during the day.
- The ISSA may be responsible for supplying materials/resources for students, initiating or reviewing student assignments, collecting student work, appropriate record keeping, and orienting students who are new to the school.
- The ISSA is responsible for ensuring that students conform to established school and classroom rules, complete instructional requirements, and generally ensure that students are offered the opportunity to continue in a school environment during the student’s period of support.
- The ISSA will supervise and monitor student behavior (including reading and explaining rules and procedures about the In School Support Program to students), implementing and enforcing the rules on a consistent basis and evaluating student behavior on a set schedule (including completing behavioral reinforcement data).
- The ISSA will implement behavior management techniques with specific students, distribute/collect/assess student work folders to ensure work is complete, and monitor students during environmental duty/lunch/restroom breaks.
- The ISSA will also communicate with teachers, administrators, parents, and school resource officers regarding concerns with students enrolled in the In School Support Program.
- The ISSA will take daily student attendance, and document all students entering/exiting the In School Support Program class (including late arrivals, emergency placements, etc.).
- Assists dean of students as needed.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Strong moral character.
- Ability to demonstrate, uphold, and promote in daily interactions a commitment to the school’s mission and vision, and the moral character and civic virtue the school embodies.
All applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page, or call 888.246.6066 for more information. Thank you for your interest in this position.